PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Upcoming Changes to the Classic Mission Rewards.

Newsfiend
09-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Cathaldus wrote:

Maitreya_Firecaller wrote:

Gordulek wrote:

Thank you for doing something to fix this, but please take a long, hard look at your QA process(es). How this went live is just /boggle.

To be fair QA hunts for bugs and broken content. Issues of gear quality and the like have little to do with QA.

I can see Absor's point about QA, and I agree with it.

What blows my mind, though, is how QA didn't catch the fact that if a person drops a raid then the raid ends immediately, that if a group member drops the task then the group ends, that you can't taskadd people to raids and groups, how the raids are capped at 30 people even though they are supposed to be 42 or more (if I understand correctly).

So QA isn't to blame for the quality of the gear that went live, but they certainly are to blame for the bugs that went live. So I agree with the folks that say QA needs a long, hard look. I just can't understand how they missed all of the bugs.

For the first point... No-one in QA thought to drop the missions/raid mid attempt... It can be argued whether they should have or not, but it just was not considered something that needed testing. Dropping a mission/raid has not been am issue for a very long time, so there was nothing pointing out that this needed to be specifically tested. They did find a persistent bug due to player level that was different that that one, and we could not reproduce. I don't know the details... I just remember Code and Design spending many hours trying to reproduce it. They do find unusual things.

For the second point... QA does not have access to our Data, just what is in game... so they could not see the discrepancy in the data, AND they do not have 31 QA testers... so... they did not try to get to the 42 player max.

Easy to explain how QA missed those points.

Expecting QA to find everything is just not realistic. It is not realistic for any game nowadays. Is there room for improvement? There always is until one reaches perfection, and since we are all humans that work here, perfection is something we can strive for, but not achieve.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155683&post_id=2289548#2289548)