PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Actual feedback Vs devs motivation Vs Underfoot release

Newsfiend
09-21-2009, 04:10 PM
aaneras wrote:

I think they were looking for something fun for group players to do once they'd finished off SoD, as well as clickies etc for raiders. They didn't think through the consequences of the reselling bit, nor did they realize how few toons would be needed to do the raids. And I suspect that they had limited or no feedback from folks raiding below the tower level, who could have told them precisely what was wrong with the risk/reward.

The intent of the classic missions was to give players a chance to go back and have some fun doing older content without having to resort to leveling up an alt. When Rytan first approached us all with the idea we thought it could be really cool.

Keep in mind the number of characters required is at least in part as a result of an exploit people are using to do WAY more damage than intended by the template characters. This is being fixed.

As for my motivation being harmed or impaired when I read the negative posts.. it really isn't. I always strive to deliver content that is fun and challenging for players. My motivation to read the forums... well that changes from day to day. Every now and then I get some REALLY useful info from the forums, and it makes having to sort through the noise worth it. But as Absor said before, we understand the anger and frustration from some people is simply due to them really caring about the game. When the forums go silent, that's when it will really bother us.

The only really disappointment, is there seems to be people who post with the sole intent of trying to get under someone's skin, rather than to provide any sort of usable feedback.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155664&post_id=2287828#2287828)