PDA

View Full Version : Re:Actual feedback Vs devs motivation Vs Underfoot release

Newsfiend
09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
ZagWar wrote:

Do you think all these angry posts about the MM missions and rewards and gears affect the motivation of the devs?

If yes, do you think it will have an impact on the quality and the release date of Underfoot?

If yes, do you think there is a way we can express ourself in a way that will not hurt the devs motivation?

Yes, but not to de-motivate. At least for me, when I see a lot of posts, even negative ones, I understand that such posts only happen if people care about what's going on. No post probably means no players...

Nope, no affect at all.

I don't think there are any developers on this team that are thin-skinned enough to take any of this personally. Sure, sometimes folks hit a sore spot, or unfairly call someone names that are undeserved. But for most of us it's like water on a duck. I've been at this almost 10 years now. I understand what motivates folks to post the way they do. I don't take any of it personally. Most folks that post in an angry tone aren't personally mad at the designers. Some are, but that's up to them to deal with.

I've met hundreds of EQ players, and not just at Fan Faire. I run into them all the time. Most of them are incredibly friendly, even if they quit over something we designers did.

A

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155664&post_id=2287644#2287644)