PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Aristo: hero to casters!

Newsfiend
09-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Olbaid07 wrote:

{snip unnecessary stuff} as an enchanter I too am very excited about the potential of this new development. Even if the proc starts out to be low and scales upwards...if it is made to be "critable" then the bonus can be quite significant and very usefull indeed.

Conandx of Pandemonium on ZEK

We figured since melee get to crit their procs, casters can crit their procs as well.

This is intended to be equivalent to melee procs, which also do not offer HUGE DPS increases.

Do note... most of these will not be focused since they have a mana cost of 0, and most focuses do not work on spells with a mana cost less than 10 or so... (note the word most, I am sure there are exceptions)

We do expect that the proc rate will be overall lower compared to melee users, since casters often have "pauses" that will affect the overall proc rate, while melee rarely pauses, but to make up for this... casters tend to have much large crit multipliers than melee do... making up for it.

We have another few wacky ideas... some for priests, like a target of target heal when a priest is casting detrimental spells. A proc on casting that procs a mana heal. I am sure you can look through the whole line in your favorite spell parser.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155429&post_id=2283007#2283007)