PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Dain Shawel 2.0

Newsfiend
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Greaseman wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Mordeb wrote:

I am hopeing you get the green light on this quest.

At one point I know there was discussion on conversion to an aug in order to give the quest a longer lifespan for continued expansions. I like that idea and recommend going down that path. Maybe make the container a reward or tradskill item with its own quest arc / recipe.

I would recommend the final group steps be very difficult and the reward have stats approacghing tier 1 raid.

I know epic 2.0s had a longer useful lifetime than the devs orginally wanted, but any quest that is cross expansion in content and truly epic like the shawl, needs to have value going forward.

1) Item itself should not be completely eclipsed by group content at least 1 expansion down the road.

2) Aug can be shoulder specific and be a viable aug for several expansions. Similar to how face aug and hand aug scale. Hand aug scale. Although Hand aug will probably be eclipsed in uf or the next expansion.

1. At the rate we are increasing stats... an item will not be able to stay relevant into another expansion.

2. If made into an aug, it *WILL* loose stats, and loose any click it *may* have (I do not know yet if it will have a click)

1. Something that will help extend the life is to make the reward fit in different slots. I used Eron's until finally retiring it just last week after it spent time on my character as a necklace, earring and then belt. I don't think it's too much of a stretch that a shawl could be tied around your waist or around your neck in addition to its traditional shoulder slot. Maybe even wrapped around your wrist or tied as a headband, but i don't know that you would want to get into the visible slots.

Although not realistic to see the reward relevant through next year's expansion, I think it should still be comparable or a little better than the top tier group (or appropriate raid tier if there is a raid requirement to finish the shawl) items in Underfoot.

2. Want to make it a really hot item? Instead of trying to make the reward an aug and losing some stats and clicky, give the shawl an additional aug slot (hopefully it will already have a 7/8 and a 3).

1. Yes. I plan on it being a very good item because it will require significant work. It will be among the best if not better than the best as Eron's was. It is just that the request was that it be significant for longer that I will be able to make it.

2. I definitely had thoughts of a 3 http://www.mapfiend.net/eq/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif Past that who knows...

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=153642&post_id=2281468#2281468)