PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Things some things you would like to (itemization/equipment)

Newsfiend
09-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Beimeith wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Beimeith wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Ngreth, If you are planning to have the non visible gear in Underfoot be like SoD in that it is seperated by archetype: tank, priest, caster, hybrid then I would ask that you please reconsider putting 2 archetypes on the shield.

The shield is the only item I have yet to get after 9 months of farming (that actually drops) because there are twice as many classes all bidding on it as every other piece of non-visible gear. I really cannot fathom why shields are the single item in all of Tower that have more than one archetype on them, (not counting the all/all ones of course). I can only assume it was a mistake ;p

it seems that I was not totally correct.

That was only the first tier...

in leater tiers there is...

shield shield-
meleehybrid !ber shield-
casterpriest shield-
tank shield-
healer shield-

(I jsut grabed the first tier I found to save time yesterday... next time I did the query today, I saw the last tier first...)

And I am not going to give exact values.

for the group tier I happen to be looking at

shield shield- is Base +4
meleehybrid !ber shield- is Base + 5
casterpriest shield- is Base
tank shield- is Base + 10
healer shield- is Base + 3

so tanks get their "better" AC

Ngreth,

If healers are going to get a better shield anyway, could the caster one be made caster only at least? And to perhaps rephrase my question better:

If you are dividing non-visible gear by archetype (not counting all/all versions) which I think is likely, why would you make shields different by having two archetypes on them? SoD tier 5 group shields did not have two archetypes, only the raid shields, and why they were different no reason was given if there even is/was one.

It would honestly cause a ton less drama for everyone if you just divided them by archetype, and threw an all/all -zerker one out there for good measure. Could this possibly be done?

Much of the other gear also has 2 archetypes on them... Shields are just an example from the list.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154749&post_id=2278005#2278005)