PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Things some things you would like to (itemization/equipment)

Newsfiend
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Beimeith wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

PlastardLunatic wrote:

Ngreth can we get more tank only shields? With tanks being so gear dependant it's hard for them to stay ahead in most DKP systems. When you combine that with shields not being very common and casters who don't understand just how valuable shields are to tanks you end up with shields being very hard to get for tanks.

While there are not tank only shields... there are 4 per tier... 2 generic, 1 melee/hybrid and 1 caster/priest. Make them keep their grubby hands off yours.

Ngreth, If you are planning to have the non visible gear in Underfoot be like SoD in that it is seperated by archetype: tank, priest, caster, hybrid then I would ask that you please reconsider putting 2 archetypes on the shield.

The shield is the only item I have yet to get after 9 months of farming (that actually drops) because there are twice as many classes all bidding on it as every other piece of non-visible gear. I really cannot fathom why shields are the single item in all of Tower that have more than one archetype on them, (not counting the all/all ones of course). I can only assume it was a mistake ;p

it seems that I was not totally correct.

That was only the first tier...

in leater tiers there is...

shield shield-
meleehybrid !ber shield-
casterpriest shield-
tank shield-
healer shield-

(I jsut grabed the first tier I found to save time yesterday... next time I did the query today, I saw the last tier first...)

And I am not going to give exact values.

for the group tier I happen to be looking at

shield shield- is Base +4
meleehybrid !ber shield- is Base + 5
casterpriest shield- is Base
tank shield- is Base + 10
healer shield- is Base + 3

so tanks get their "better" AC

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154749&post_id=2275238#2275238)