PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Hot Zone Time Again

Newsfiend
09-01-2009, 03:51 PM
JazyaVechette wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Lake Rathetear has roughly 150 appropriate level NPCs in zone. Considering how long you stay at that level range these days that should be fine. I could use South Karana as another option as well.

The zone is really spread out and toons of that level have low/no swimming/levitation/enduringbreath. So while there may be a lot of mobs the players have no mobility to get to them. If you wanted to crank the spawn time down to say, 30 seconds, it might work.

Considering how long we stay at that level range do we really need a level 20 HZ? I don't forsee people EXP'ing here, this would only be a quick hit for peeps doing the 'hotzone' quest arc so don't make the drops too rare or they are going to come to hate this place which I think is one of the prettier zones in EQ.

Hot Zones are not intended to be a maximum XP per hour setup. So players having to run around a bit to get to NPCs really doesn't bother me.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154990&post_id=2274088#2274088)