PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Thought on poison

Newsfiend
08-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Richard wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Richard wrote:

There is one thing I do not like about the new system.

DPS poison is now a neccessary compnent of Rogue DPS. I feel that you must use a hate reduction poison (Quelious Trauma) as your second one to combat the aggro and then it works fine. (Rogues can run 1 DPS and 1 utility for those who do not know)

This takes the fun out of all the utility poisons. Since hate reduction is a needed component, I think all the utilities should have hate reduction in them. Then we can choose between, Archers Bane, Monks Bane, Myrimods etc. Currently those are way way way underused. If they had a hate reduction they would be more popular. Then - make the standard hate reducer-Quelious, cheap and 100% vendorable.

Thiis will give you options if want utility or plain old aggro reduction.

I have had PLENTY of rogues say that they were unhappy at all of the hate reduction I gave to the DPS poisons. And many that may have been fine with the hate reduction on the poison, also say it was not necessary... The DPS poisons have a significant amount of hate reduction built in them now.

DPS, even if it was done with weapon damage would create hate. Hate comes with damage.

I didn't 100% understand that.
I *think* you're saying that the DPS-poison's hate (along with the recent reduction in it) is not too high, and the regular rogue methods to lower aggro are enough to deal with it (even without Q Trauma) and I do not disagree.
You are saying that based on the above it allows the use of the utility poisons.

But..... The average Rogue will usually opt for the hate reduction poison no matter what. In any circumstance. This is true even if there was zero hate on poison. I understand what you mean that if the rogue DPS was increased via weapons as opposed to poisons that would have increased hate anyway. I agree, but then Rogues would still prefer Q Trauma. Even before the revamp, the only poisons rogues used on raids was deaggro poison. It's part of (and the fun of) playing a Rogue that you deal w aggro. So if there was no DPS poison and only utilities the rogue would still use Q Trauma.

I never heard of Rogues wanting more hate. So not sure which Rogues said that.

I think that no matter what, a Rogue priority will always be "hate reduction" so it hurts the use of the banes. Therefore, I was *suggesting* making the banes more usable by combining them with the Q Trauma effect.

Edit- Looking at my original post it looked like I was saying that Rogue DPS poisons were the culprit. I should not have said that. Any DPS causes hate and it's just always preferred to not get aggro so I believe Q Trauma will therefore trump the banes more then 10 to 1.

While I understand your point better, and see it. I do want the utility poisons to be the way they are, even if the hate reduction utility is the preferred. I think players will STILL use the others as needed. I have definitely heard of the snare poison being used, and some of the slow poisons... so they get their use. I did fully expect Quilious to get the most use when I made them.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154742&post_id=2269067#2269067)