PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Next patch, 19th

Newsfiend
08-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Tanise wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

What I may do... is create a new poison , make the existing potions no rent for people that used an obvious exploit, and the new poison be what is intended. Yes. it means someone can log in once a day to get a "weekend" supply. Which is not what is intended with this item, but is a reasonable use of it.

I am also thinking of making it summon MORE for rogues so it is more useful for rogues. (to answer some questions I am sure will come up, I cannot make it a different re-cast timer for rogues... without making it a different item, which does not work really well with LoN. Because of this, just having it summon some amount in a stack is the more feasible solution.)

Note the may and consider in here. I am not sure I will be doing this. I have not done the full research. I seem to remember making a special version of the poison, and if I did, then I can do this. If I just used the normal poison, I cannot get away with this, and I will just have to leave it.

Not sure if I'm understanding why rogues beating an LoN scenario should be more worth it then any other player. Is LoN intended for rogues only?

because the value of the item to a non-rogue is GREATER than the value of the item is to a rogue.

non rogues are getting an item "worth" about 35pp (realistically more in the market), Rogues are getting one "worth" about 2pp... so even giving them 3 of them, it is not equitable if you think of it that way.

Yes these are no-trade, but there is still equivalence to the trad-able ones since they have exactly the same poison effects. It means one less per day that has to be bought at > 35pp for non-rogues or 6pp of savings for rogues...

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154445&post_id=2266865#2266865)