PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:(SPAM) filter

Newsfiend
08-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Ronak-Xegony wrote:

Between near constant chat lag, and chat channels being down more than they are up since the first patch, I think it's time to switch to /raidsay to handle raid communication.

I wish we'd never went to the UCS. It's been unstable since it's inception, and the fact when you lose chat you also lose ignore lists and friends lists now as a bonus, is just more annoyance.

I just found a problem with the universal chat service. It should be much more stable now.

In terms of the other issues with spam. They will get worked out. Groupsay, guildsay and raidsay are currently not supposed to be filtered for spam at all. So if you're saying that you are getting spam messages on them, that's a bug. I will likely be adding password protected universal chat channels to the list of things not filtered. I may be able to also whitelist friends and guild members. These latter items won't happen until the next patch of course.

The universal chat stability fix should be immediate however.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154403&post_id=2266548#2266548)