PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Community: Study

Newsfiend
08-20-2009, 02:15 PM
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/images/content_images/banners/meet_the_community2_500.jpg

Meet Study the Mighty

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/images/highlights/study01tc.jpg (http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/images/highlights/study01.jpg)http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/images/highlights/study02tc.jpg (http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/images/highlights/study02.jpg)
Server: Erollisi Marr

Guild: Synergy

Where in the real life world do you live?
Coshocton, Ohio

How long have you played EQ?
Since 2001, actually!

What other MMOs have you played?
To be honest, I haven't played any aside from trying out EverQuest 2 briefly. Wait, does Diablo 2 count? hehhe

What type of work do you do?
I'm of two worlds currently, an actor, and to pay the bills, I work in a deli.

How long is your typical gaming session when playing EQ?
Oh, I'd say a good 5-6 hours usually.

What does a typical EQ day consist of for you?
Wake up/raid/sleep. I kid, I kid. Actually, a typical day does usually include raiding, but beyond that, the time spent with friends, joking, progressing. Getting new items, clickies, and generally helping out my friends; even those not in the guild. I'm very much a people person. *thumbs up*

What was the race and class of your very first character?
God, there are two really I could say. One was a level one wood elf warrior that someone gave me a few banded pieces for back in 1999. I fell from the Kelethin lift and died and couldn't find my corpse. This made me angry enough that I deleted him and made a wizard. That was my real first character, in my opinion.

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?
My friend Jack introduced me to EQ, which I will never forgive him for. *grin* I enjoy role playing games of all sorts. I love a good story and depth.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other then playing EverQuest?
I roleplay on a website with other people. Creative writing in a way. It's fun to create stories and watch a character you play bring it to life. I'm a sucker for good roleplay.

What is your highest level in EQ?
85, yes!

What race and class is your main character?
My current main is an iksar Monk whom I love dearly. He does so many things, that it's crazy to think I haven't had a monk before him.

What do you like the most about the class you have chosen for your main character?
Oh my. Where do I start? He can AE mez and mem blur, which has saved my group and group members more times than I can count. He can run practically across a zone full of KOS mobs and then FD at the other side and be fine. He's an excellent puller. He looks leet with his awesome h2h weapons. Monks impress the ladies. Hmm, what else? He can leap large buildings in a sing... oh, not that.

Does your main character worship a deity?
Cazic Thule. It's practically required and I have no problem with that!

How did you choose your main character's name?
Well, it's a combination of ganking it from my friend on Zek and just really liking the possibilities on surnames for him. Plus I get called Studly a lot. Whee!

Which classes in EQ have you NOT played?
Meh... beastlord, paladin, necromancer, magician, enchanter, druid... and really, I think that's it. I don't feel like I'm missing much.

What is your favorite expansion?
I'd have to go with Omens of War. I had tons of fun with that expansion.

What is your favorite zone?
My favorite zone? Well... hard to say really. But I'd have to go with the "late" zone of Oasis of Marr. There were stories...and I mean stories that I have about that zone. I miss it horridly! Back in the day, it was *the* zone to be in your late teens, early 20s.

What is your favorite NPC?
My favorite is probably the Giant Cazel, from the Oasis of Marr days. Nothing sent a pack of newbs running faster than a giant walking toward you. It was epic fun to watch.

Which expansion do you like the least?
The least... well, probably gates of discord. I didn't raid it, and it got extremely annoying at times.

Which zone do you like the least?
Heh. Hard to pick just one. Depending on my level, there were many that hacked me off, just cause of the impossibility to pull. Though, I do remember Nagafen's Lair leaving a bad taste in my mouth back when I played my ranger to level in there. Going there to get a Fabled Mithril BP brought back bad memories. *shudder* Those Lava Duct Crawlers... ergh

Which NPC do you like the least?
Ghoul Messenger. And I'll tell you why. Back when my wizard (in 2001) was a low one.. I heard that Blackburrow was an excellent place to level. And on my PC, framerate was horrid. I made it into North Karana via a port from a friendly wizard, and trying to keep up, managed to get to West Karana. I kept following him all the way across the zone, until out of NOWHERE. BAMBAMBAM /dead wizard. I had no idea how to get back, and I was so peeved that I gave up trying to get the corpse. I sat in Felwithe trying to figure out what to do cause I had an epic leet Flowing Black Robe that was now gone. Thankfully, I managed to get another. Needless to say, I seek Vengeance every time I see that NPC.

What is the most platinum you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?
Probably a hefty 280k for a Darkend Flowing Black Silk Sash I ended up reselling. Don't usually spend a whole lot.

Do you have an item you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons? If so what is it and why do you keep it?
Of course. On my old main, a ranger, I participated in a GM event where the Karanas were plagued by beetles, and I helped rid the plains of the plague along with others. I received 'Al'kabor's Ring of True sight' which I still have today as a reward. Funny thing though, during the war in Dreadlands between Lanys and Al'Kabor, I tried to give it to him. He wouldn't take it. Sad!

What do you like best about EverQuest?
The depth. Everything there is to do... the Roleplay Events I especially like to participate in. I more recently like Raiding a lot. As far as what I like best... probably the roleplay events. Far too little RP out there!

What do you get out of playing EverQuest?
Fun? Enjoyment? A sense of accomplishment as I pull for my entire raid? Hehe

Describe your best experience from playing EverQuest?
Oooh… hard to say, I have a lot of them. But I think the best experience was making the friends that I still talk to today. By myself, the game would be boring. The people I call friends make it a great experience.

Do you run or work for an EverQuest Fan Site?
Nope. Afraid not. I contribute to EQ in other ways.

If you are interested in being highlighted in a Meet the Community, look for instructions here (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=39090)! We need more submissions, so send yours today!

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154650&post_id=2266519#2266519)