PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Item idea: Gnomish Compactor.

Newsfiend
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Scarpa wrote:

Having just recently taken the dive into tradeskills, the idea of the gnomish compactor really sounds cool. Perhaps if this is something deemed worthy of time, restrict the recipies to only the highest demand items that only stack currently to 20 or less. It could be expanded upon later as time allows and demand dictates? If ever?

But I have a question - if the concept of compacting 10 water flasks into a case, and then 10 cases into a crate for a single slot storage capacity of 100 water flasks....why not simply change the standard stacking limit to 100? Seems much easier if the end result & application will be the same. Like already mentioned I'm new to this...but seeing some things stack to 200 or 100 or 50 or 25 or 20 or not at all just doesn't make a bunch of sense. I can understand forcing players to be wise about what they carry along their travels by limiting stacking...but for recipe components? Most of the TS stuff has a singular purpose - tradeskills.

my stubbornness mostly

I just don't want the game going to where breastplates stack to 1000 ...

or a player caries 10000 flasks of water (these are say... liter sized containers... so 10000 liters or 22050 lbs... 11 tons of water....) in a backpack... As it is we let people carry around 441 lbs of water in a backpack...

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=154205&post_id=2262846#2262846)