PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:how come clerics are so mad?

Newsfiend
08-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Bluepill_ROV wrote:

EnemaXL wrote:

Question is will you give these new abilities to cleric mercs ?

I hope the answer to this is no, since the point was to "mitigate the perception that cleric mercs were intended to replace or supplant cleric players".

And really this quote is somewhat disingenuous on it's face because if it heals like a cleric and buffs like a cleric and rezzes like a cleric... it is no longer a matter of "perception". I would like to believe that the intent was not there but to say it is only a perception does nothing to belay that concern.

To the original question, it's still early in the process, but I don't see cleric mercs using the new set of expansion spells nearly as effectively as human players, given the nature of what's being designed. But then I feel that way about all mercs. Human players are more capable than bots.

To the current question, I never said the concerns were 'only' perceptions. Key observations have merit, and have been noted. I shall endeavor to ensure that cleric players are happy and enthused about being clerics (within reason).

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=151772&post_id=2256477#2256477)