PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:how come clerics are so mad?

Newsfiend
07-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Stratnolan wrote:

Gnomereaper wrote:

shesees wrote:

Dev's seem non-interested in direct feedback in these forums; either they don't know what to say, or just don't care enough to at least say something. No one that can say anything knows it seems.

I'll make my decision on what to do come next expansion. If it's more of the same, my cleric is getting shelved.

I'm not interested in a class that has no direction really & no input whatsoever from anyone that makes this game.

That and a conservative design philosophy, which hinders some simple mechanics. The question is whether we're in "enchanter editting mode" that occurred between SoF to SoD, or in the gutter. I agree with you in terms of a class to an extent, but honestly I just wish there was an archer healing or a martial healing(DnD 4e Warlord class that heal through combat attacks, NOT PALADINS) class.

The class has promise, but there's just needs to be a hard push to make it not be so one dimensional. We have the tools and concepts, but not the beef to back it up.

I really like the idea of dps while healing concept and I think it would be a good way to go for us. Our dps is dismal, everyone knows and won't deny that. Instead of upping our dps to much higher levels why don't they make it so we keep our crappy dps but be able to apply while healing. Without huge coding to support something totally different like being able to cast a heal/dd combo that healed the target while applying the dd to the targets target, I don't know what could be done besides indirect dps through targeted dps buffs like our ward. I think this will be the only way we will ever see anything along the lines of dps'ing while healing or healing while dps'ing.

But I do think this is the future for clerics. Something that does not really raise our dps capabilities by much but allows us to apply said dps concurrently with healing. Even if they do give us some indirect dps, I think it should be raised by a small % as well. Target ward at it's current dps rate wouldn't be enough to make a difference imo. Make it a little larger damage per proc, slap it as targetable, give it a recast and see how it works out.

Target VoV is another way. Lower or remove the heal and raise the DD portion and slap a recast on it.

Without pinning ourselves down on what we intend to do with clerics in the near future... part of my agenda with the class is a) easing the burnout factor on clerics to a degree, b) consideration of some interesting new mechanics that address themselves to the heal/dd issue, and c) to come up with ways of keeping the concept of a cleric merc (or other future mercs) useful to players that want or need them in order to enjoy the game, while mitigating the perception that cleric mercs were intended to replace or supplant cleric players.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=151772&post_id=2252963#2252963)