View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dain Shawel 2.0

Newsfiend
07-28-2009, 09:26 AM
isaiah655 wrote:

crystilla wrote:

isaiah655 wrote:

Jedis wrote:

isaiah655 wrote:

OR...you could do the quest, convert it to an Aug and do the quest again, so you can still have the click! If this is along the lines of the original quest, seems to me that anyone willing to do the quest twice deserves that much.

Lol. The item isn't even in the planning stages yet and you are already considering ways to exploit the conversion from an item to an aug.

I imagine if this pipe-dream ever becomes reality, that the item and aug will have a Lore group attached to it to prevent exactly what you are suggesting.

Actually, if I thought it were an exploit, I wouldn't be discussing it with a Dev, now would I? Lore mechanic prevents two of the same items from ever being owned by one toon. Changing a worn to an aug would prevent this from occurring. Probably the preferred method to prevent this soi-disant exploit would be to allow the task to be completed only once.

There's no reason to think Isaiah is considering exploits, etc.

Aid Grimel quest was an earring available during PoP era where you handed the item into an NPC to obtain whichever of the two earrings you wanted (the caster oriented one or the melee oriented one). This quest DID allow folks to redo the entire series and obtain both earrings.

I was one of the handful of those on my server who repeated this to get both earrings. So precedents are out there for allowing both options to be used.

biC is another example where at one point it was coded (well no anti-code in place to be specific) to allow the user to wear the final aug as well as a prior version of the aug. Then the code was changed so you could only use/wear one of the augs.

A third example that was class specific but you had to hand in to an NPC to get the item your class could use was - The Spirit of Garzicor

So all avenues have been explored in the past and are available to use again if Devs choose.

Thank you. I was simply asking the Dev if it were possible to allow us to get the item, change it into the aug and get the item again, so we can have both. I see nothing wrong with asking. If the aug isn't so fantastically overpowered that every 85 in the game isn't suddenly taking up Tradeskills, or in the Veteran's Lounge demanding its nerf, I see no reason we should have one or the other if we're willing to do what it takes to have both.

As for it not even being in the planning stages, the Dev rather casually threw out an awful lot of possibilities. Seems to me that he's already got the idea for this project going on somewhere. But, I must say again, he has not committed himself to it. With that, you're correct.

Dunno http://www.mapfiend.net/eq/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif Possibly, but still no promises.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=153642&post_id=2250388#2250388)