PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dain Shawel 2.0

Newsfiend
07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Gnomereaper wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Well. It is likely to be *like* the epics. An item with a limited lifetime.

*IF* I make it able to be an aug... I would likely allow switching back and forth.

As an item it is likely to have focus and probably a click as well as NEAR raid stats (yes... possibly a raid version as well... but no promises)

then there would be a way to convert it to an augment... BUT... it would "downgrade" to stats appropriate to an aug and loose the click.

The click would not be made available via AA, nor another item... it would be your choice to loose the click to make it an aug. For the sacrifice it would be a "good" aug. And no, no promises that it will be better than the over powered raid augs of the past, just that it will be high, probably above top of "current" (Underfoot current) augs.

I understand the limited warrenty on the shelf life of such items, but you think you could also do a title with it? Master Artisan title is old, and quest titles have been lacking since Cartographer from TSS for the lore charm. The cool part of having an epic was having an ability to show off your accomplishment.

I consider this more a "quasai epic" than a real epic, like the Lorekeeper charm or Iksar cultural quests. But considering we have the achievement system on the way, incrementally helping people with the quest could serve as stages for the achievements or the amount of help you give to a person on the task.

If you do do a raid or a final instance for the big finally, I'd consider that something for "achievement" and maybe a title for taking place in the event. So for instance:

1. Person that did the quest gets title A

2. Person B with just being there gets nothing but an achievement flag

3. Person C with X achievements and maybe a specific faction at cap gets C title

You get my point. Using the suffix/prefix system you folks use for raids, it'd be usable to do the same for how much Brell likes certain participants. Basically a repeater eater card for people that don't get drops and help a lot of people.

As for implementation the quest was put in stages with the group stages on release and the 8th Dain shawel during Luclin, of course it would suck to have it take that long. However, a December release to the finality of such a quest versus a not very climatic ending would do a disservice to the original.

Anyway, titles are a fair way to be "showy" and balanced. The click shoulders and the aug conversion would make it accessible to both grouper and raider, thumbs up to that.

Titles are of course possible. Not sure if it would get one, but possible.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=153642&post_id=2250386#2250386)