View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dain Shawel 2.0

Newsfiend
07-27-2009, 09:31 AM
isaiah655 wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

isaiah655 wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

Abazzagorath wrote:

If they made a new version it shouldn't require the old one. Most of us deleted those years ago.

A type 3 shoulder slot only aug does sound cool though.

Come. We know I am not that nice.

We know.

That aside, what about an upgraded version of a Coldain Prayer Shawl. It's not like we're asking for a whole line of epics as this would be one item for ALL classes, not sixteen items.

But you know better than we do what's involved in the Coldain Prayer Shawl quest, and how much work it amounts to. So...how about it, Ngreth? We know it's possible, but is it a reasonable project to ask you to undertake? I'd do it. I would have done the old quest if it weren't capped at 65, as I joined EQ when the level cap was seventy. So...Ngreth, whaddaya say? I'd do it. I'd even join beta to test it for you...although the thought of doing Beta makes my skin crawl.

I want to do it.

I cannot promise it at this time.

Thank you, Ngreth. That's all I wanted to know. I understand you must be very cautious before committing yourself to anything. You say "I'm going to do it," and the replies will immediately be "When?" And if you ever did commit yourself to it (which you didn't), God help you from the sort of reaction you'd get if you were ever forced to abandon this project.

But the fact that you like this idea at least lets us know we can continue to throw out suggestions without wasting our time. I would point out that the Coldain Prayer Shawl is an item with decent stats for the time it was created, even excellent focus (20% beneficial focus!). I would respectfully ask that the new version ALSO be an item with decent stats for the time it was created. (And allow for the possibility of upgrades this time, so you don't have to keep on making new versions.)

Well. It is likely to be *like* the epics. An item with a limited lifetime.

*IF* I make it able to be an aug... I would likely allow switching back and forth.

As an item it is likely to have focus and probably a click as well as NEAR raid stats (yes... possibly a raid version as well... but no promises)

then there would be a way to convert it to an augment... BUT... it would "downgrade" to stats appropriate to an aug and loose the click.

The click would not be made available via AA, nor another item... it would be your choice to loose the click to make it an aug. For the sacrifice it would be a "good" aug. And no, no promises that it will be better than the over powered raid augs of the past, just that it will be high, probably above top of "current" (Underfoot current) augs.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=153642&post_id=2249605#2249605)