PDA

View Full Version : Grid Lines?

Nyteson
03-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Where'd the Grid lines go? I got them not to long ago and, now I can't find where to DL them.

Mapfiend
03-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Gridlines have been moved to layer 3 and are included in all the zip downloads, or you can download them individually on the map view page by clicking the layer 3 link.

Menellinde
04-05-2006, 02:42 PM
None of my gridlines seem to be working. I downloaded the latest all maps pack today and they all have a red line down the center through the X and Y axis and that's it.

Am I missing something please?

Adir
04-10-2006, 12:26 AM
I've had the same problem. I was in Iceclad, and one of the gridline extended to the left OFF the map window and to the edge of the monitor. Very wierd. Just downloaded an updated allmaps_soe.zip on 4/5. Wish I'd saved my previous maps, they didn't seem to have any problem. ;p

Adir
04-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh, and neither iceclad_2.txt nor iceclad_3.txt display anything when I tried to look at them with Mappie, although iceclad_1.txt works fine.

Adir
04-10-2006, 02:44 AM
Sorry to spam the board, but finally resolved the issue I was having. Here's how.

After confirming that some of the maps from the allmaps_soe.zip didn't work, I downloaded each of the individual map packs and unzipped them into a new directory created for that purpose. Then...

1. Renamed /everquest/maps to something else

2. Repatched EQ, which recreated the map dir and downloaded the "official" versions of the maps. Quit out after patch completed.

3. Copied the newly-downloaded maps into /maps, telling it to overwrite all.

4. Confirmed that the map I knew was previously broken (in this case iceclad_3.txt) now worked with Mappie.

5. Logged back into EQ and ran to Iceclad from GD.

5a. GD worked fine.
5b. EW worked fine.
5c. Iceclad grids borked!

Tabbed out, brought iceclad_3.txt up in Mappie...worked fine.

5d. Scratch head.

6. Resumed game and loaded default UI.

Map works!

Reloaded custom UI.

Map still works.

7. Scratch head some more, but happy that things work now.

It does seem that there was a problem with the original allmaps_soe.zip file I downloaded a few days ago, else I'd have been able to view the map file with Mappie. Maybe something is going weird with the program that generates the zip file, or maybe the file got corrupted on download. Dunno. There may also be some funkiness having to do with UIs, but I don't even begin to understand that problem. Fortunately, that seemed to clear up by reloading the UI.