PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Dispel the myths

Newsfiend
07-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Rasper_Helpdesk wrote:

yinlaBB wrote:

Elidroth wrote:

Today on Myth Busters.. we shatter the myths surrounding the ways to spawn the elusive Quillmane in South Karana.

Are you ready?

Quillmane is a 10% spawn chance on a table with 18 other npcs. This table spawns at a single location in the zone. So believe it or not.. Quillmane is not the rarest spawn on the table.

The 'mechanic' to spawn Quillmane is just to kill the PH continually until the random number generator deems you worthy!

I can believe all of this except this one line. "This table spawns at a single location in the zone". I'm pretty sure when I hit level 20 back in 2001 when SK was the place to be that we had Quillmane pop down by KFC and also between the Hermit and Paw.

If it is true that Quills PH is the mobs which pop 18 seconds after death, that also makes that line untrue as the PH's pop all over the place.

Agreed, I've seen Quill spawn in at least 3 or 4 different spots.

Actually we're both correct. Quillmane spawns within what we call a 'wide open' route. Basically a boxed area where anything told to wander can go anywhere within that box. But there is still only one npc 'spawner' that can spawn Quillmane.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=21956&post_id=2235080#2235080)