PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:The expanded target window sounds cool and all, but...

Newsfiend
06-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Stratnolan wrote:

If it follow the unlimited range concept from the group window, it will be full of win. As someone else asked though, will you be able to just see the targets name/hp or can you actually cast on one of the new targets while currently on another normal target? As in which target will actually have focus?

If done right, this would be a God send. Make sure to put in new Key Mappable options. So we can set 3 different keys to switch our focus to each of the 3 targets.

Example: I'm a cleric. I want to keep the MT as my main, normal target. I put the Ramp tank on the new special 1st target. Make sure we can set a key that will switch focus to the Ramp Tank so that heals land on him when cast, but we still have the Main tank targeted. Mainly 3 separate keys bindings we can pick that will change the focus of our spell casting or melee to, while keeping our original target.

If it works like I'm thinking, this should be possible. If not, then at least have it so we have Key bindings to switch to those targets fast. Or to swap two targets back and forth. Hit a key, MT goes to special new target #1 and the RT goes to main target. Hit it again, and they swap back. Although I'm really hoping we have the ability to just switch focus of our casting/melee to one of the new targets without changing our actual target.It will not change the fact that you can only have one target at a time, but I don't see any reason why we couldn't allow hot-keys to target specific slots in the target window.

Enabling multiple targets at once (kindof like Vangaurd) is beyond the scope of this UI enhancement, though I really like Vanguard's system.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=152662&post_id=2227065#2227065)