PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Patch, Thur June 18

Newsfiend
06-18-2009, 10:00 AM
batman1966A wrote:

Any chance this can get back to the Devs?

1.) About a year ago, before the last Fanfaire, you guys were patting yourselves on the back for letting the community know ahead of time in the announcements box or whatever the box is that appears while files are downloading/verifying versions. For a while then, you did really well.. However, what has happened in the last 3 months? The ads for FanFaire or the Anniversary announcements has blocked up any chance of seeing that there was a new patch coming, if it is even announced. Most of the time, users are again finding out about patches by getting up to a server locked and you have been logged out message. How about some advanced warning of patches without having to come here to the forums.

For example, yesterday, I did my daily reboot of my WinXP workstation, reloaded EQ and no patch message. I get up this AM and, bang, EQ is down and being patched. However, not until I restarted EQ did I get a message that EQ is being patched. It wasn't until I got patch the patch and hit Play before I found out what was patched. Which brings up..

2. Whats with burying the patch message in the EQ news file? I got the message that I would have files to block AFTER I had to block or allow them, not while it was happening. Please put that stuff up where it can be read while it is happening.

BTW, I know coding is a pain. Thanks for the work you do do in that reguard. I always blame management for a lack of a plan, but you guys have to enact that stuff, so I am voicing this stuff to you.

Hey there,

This is something I would normally do. Unfortuntely, it was one of the things I forgot to give anyone details about how I did it before I had to go away to help out SWG. The same goes for the downtime status blog that I use to do.

I'm making my return to EQ now though as I help train the new SWG guy so it should make a return.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=152153&post_id=2219190#2219190)