View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Update 06/13/09

Newsfiend
06-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Xeneor wrote:

Wildeone wrote:

Corboy wrote:

Dude it's Saturday.

Was thinking the same thing..

They only patch these days one major scheduled patch per month, and then only things that warrant an emergency patch (game crashing issues does count there)...

I can live without the game for a short while for an emergency patch even on a saturday, or prime time, if it's actually fixing a major issue... Crashing issues is a major issue... sure, one might say "ok only bards crashed, so what?" ask the raiders how they'd do without bards in their raids? or a lack of other classes...

I just hope the number of the emergency patches stays low, but know there's no promises... over the years (since 1999) there's been some severe bugs that had to be patched quick, I get to feel frustrated like everyone else when there is a patch going on... but while a lot of the times the patches haven't fixed problems I might have had right then, sometimes it did... and there's nothing like feeling when one gets thru the patch downtime of having a crash bug that's hitting you suddenly being lifted and you can play again without as much frustration...

We're not getting what at one time was almost weekly patching, so a little weekend patch shouldn't be too bad. it's my day off too, I just make do while the patch goes on and then carry on with the endless work on getting thru some of the stuff done in-game we all would love to see able to do faster, but have to go slowly on once the server gets back up...

And test is well... Test. Bad Data or bad code is more likely to to go test. It is the nature of the beast.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=152072&post_id=2217143#2217143)