PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Weapon damage question

Newsfiend
06-09-2009, 11:10 AM
roth wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

the 25% figure is not true.

an "average" npc has 15-30 in any resist. At 30 resist... the elemental effect will land about 66% of the time... actually improving the damage a bit, since when we do out math we figure them at 50% hit rate.

As people mention all of that damage is added as hate every swing, so it does "increase" hate over the long run.

Now yes. You will encounter NPC's with heightened resists to a certain or all saves. In those cases the damage will be reduced. But this is not the case for the majority of NPC's in the game.

The 25% figure may or may not be what you (and your predecessors) expect(ed), Ngreth, but it more closely matches what people have been saying they're seeing.

WAY back in the day, before the LSoEE was replaced with the SoEE (a loss of a mere 5 raw damage on the weapon) there was parsing done and it was figured that on average, 50% of the magic damage was applied. Over time, it has slowly seemed to creep down.

One of these days, I'll find my LSoEE, on whichever toon its on, and give it to my ranger and /testcopy, to do a parse (and then graph) with it, to see how well it performs in today's game. I'd be suprised if 25 character and mob levels have had zero impact in reducing the amount of magic damage applied.

I did some parsing. And again, saw better than the 25%.

I think people see parses against particularly resistant mobs and extrapolate that to all NPC.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=151832&post_id=2213031#2213031)