PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tradeskill Revamp

Newsfiend
05-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Xeneor wrote:

Another idea, whereas the mentioned... "any vendor only path that makes money = infinite money." How about this... a vendor only path that DOES make money... but the path to easy money is not as easy as it sounds... this idea uses lore items, located in several adjacent zones (can help cut down some cheats like the ones people tried when silvered weapons was being done)... but with the recipie items, being only available in one spot each (similar to the currently live quest, Trep Thilcan's shopping list quest, how the Planes of power quest where players had to run to specific vendors on different continents to buy weapon bags? and then combine and hand in, in the plane of knowledge, to gain a little exp and a little more coins than it cost to buy the items separately... with 4 or 5 locations, cannot use just a bind, secondary bind and then plane of knowledge port to do the legwork... and i do admit i'd groan on the idea of running back and forth like that for one single combine (so maybe a stack of 20 or 40 each part, so that can try the combines... but still have it so cannot do too many at once...)

but i'd love to see a way to raise skills without it really hurting the bank account, (mercs will do enough there), and not be a major farming pain for skillraising (not talking about making great items, just skills)... as while most are not too bad to go from 1-200 on, the 200+ game gets a handful, and then the 250+ .... WELL...

But a few ideas...

it still = infinite money.

SOME of the people that make the infinite money use programs that allow them to warp hack. So they move from zone to zone, npc to npc, and could do this in a loop without ever being at the computer, and generate tons of money. I could make it harder by making the NPC's wander... but it does not stop it, just makes the timing more difficult for them.

Yes we can find these people, and do, and do ban them. But it takes some time to notice it, and they can generate lots of cash in the meantime.

And I am not sure that having to zone 5 times per combine would not be MORE annoying than having to go hunt for components.

I could do "kill" quests... or "once a day" simpler quests that allow you to get components for "free" / "Cheep" that allow for skillups, and possibly gain some small profit. But it is a huge amount of work, because I have to spread it around levels... *or* it becomes "unfair" to lower level people because they cannot hunt the targets.

All of this will take away from my time to make other new stuff. So while I could probably come up with series of skillup quests, it would take so long that there would likely be nothing new for tradeskills for an expansion.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=151304&post_id=2206083#2206083)