PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Re:Re:Ten Suggestions to improve Tradeskills

Newsfiend
05-22-2009, 11:00 AM
ChatHandle_03 wrote:

Dev-Ngreth wrote:

ChatHandle_03 wrote:

Not trying to claim it isn't worthy of discussion, but can we please shift the New Player Models elsewhere as they're not really tradeskill related.

Back on the tradeskill suggestions idea, how bout

1. Display both the modified and unmodified skill level in the tradeskill UI. As I'm going through stacks of combines, I sometimes forget what my raw skill is and how close I am to the current recipe's trivial. As I get closer, I know I don't need to buy as many supplies. Right now, the only way I can see my raw skill is by unequiping my trophy.

2. In addition to the favorites list of recipes available in the tradeskill UI, how about adding Recent list that shows the 10 (or however many is appropriate) most recent unique combines I've done in that skill.

3a. When a combine requires a tool (something that's returned on success or failure - e.g. Smithing Hammer), have the combine not consume the hammer and also create a hammer. Just check that it's present.

3b. (if 3a isn't possible) Change the order of the items that get made to return the tool first, followed by whatever was crafted. This way when working on pottery, the sculpting tool gets put back in my inventory first while the unfired xxx can get gracefully drop on the ground where I don't have to worry about it any more.

4. Create a Desk that's a fixed research combine object (like an oven is to baking). Whenever I go to do research, I have to clear up my entire research kit to make room for it.

5. Let's reduce some of the spam that we get.

5a.If the trivial of the combine is more than 5 points lower than my current raw skill, I don't need to be told that I cannot get a skill up from it. That kind of message was useful way back in the day when we were having to guess at the trivial of the combines, but now that the tradeskill UI tells us, we don't really need that message anymore. Although it's nice to get it as we're skilling up and it turns trivial in case we missed seeing the skillup message.

5b. I don't need to be told that I created a smithy hammer as an alternate item when I had one to begin with.

Well, I couldn't think of ten things. If you wanted a list of 10, just reread this list again.

3b is also not feasible. #a is a code change, but one I can ask for (though I would like a "tools" section that is outside the limit of 10 items as an even better solution)

4. I have considered this idea. Unfortunately I have claimed most of my art resources for new weapon / shield graphics for a while.

5a I can ask

5b I am not sure that this is not important to be sure you did not loose a tool.

I viewed 3a as a stepping stone towards a 'tool' section. Once the code's in there to just check if you have the tool, it shouldn't be too much harder to have it alternatively check something else (e.g. toolbelt) if you have it.

Desk artwork doesn't need to be much. I'd settle for a copy of a table. Just put a table between each of the research vendors in PoK and I'd be happy.

If we can get 3a, then I suspect 5b would be moot.

You said, "3b is ALSO not feasible". Does that mean 1 and/or 2 was not feasible or was that 'also' in reference to an earlier shoot down you did?

typo? not sure why I put also there.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=149990&post_id=2203503#2203503)