PDA

View Full Version : Moving On - the Goodbye post

Newsfiend
05-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone. I wanted to share with you some news about my status on the EverQuest team. Just to get the obvious out of the way I wanted to say that I will be leaving the EQ team on May 22nd in order to accept a position on the DC Universe Online team in the SOE Austin Studio. This is an exciting opportunity for me and something that I specifically requested. It's daunting to move your whole family to a strange city, especially with small children in tow, but we're embracing the adventure of it all.

I've been working hard for the past several months to get ready for this transition. I have a number of projects and chunks of content that I've worked on that none of you have seen yet, and some systems work that is baking for release at some point in the future, so my digital fingerprints will be visible in EQ for many months yet to come. I'm passing off the AA System to Elidroth, and he's getting up to speed on the intricacies of the system and how it all works together.

I have really enjoyed my time on the EQ team. This is the first job I've ever had that made me eager for Monday morning, the first job I ever worked extra hours for just because I wanted to make something just *that* much better. It has been a pleasure (most of the time!) to interact with the EQ players both in person at various events as well as through forums and IRC chats, etc. I can't express how much I appreciate the time and effort that many of you spend on your EverQuest experience, and your knowledge and passion has helped me to create content and AAs that I feel proud of.

I would especially like to thank the Community Leaders. I know you guys get a lot of flack for changes we make (PSA: Hey guys - The Community Leaders aren't responsible for changes we make, the Developers are!) but your input has been very much appreciated. Thanks for taking time to give feedback, gather feedback, test content and "star" in videos.

I started on the EQ team during Prophecy of Ro and it is amazing to me how much the team has changed, for the better. Each expansion we take a hard look at what we did right and what we did wrong, and I really feel that each expansion has been produced in a more efficient manner than the one before it and that it has fewer of the issues that plagued prior expansions. In short, mistakes are made but they are being learned from. I've seen great systems and processes be put in place that catch countless issues long before QA, much less the players, ever see them, and I'm proud of the work that this team does on a daily basis.

I will still be attending Fan Faire this year on behalf of the EQ team, so if you happen to be in Vegas at the end of June I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have, etc, about EverQuest in general or the content and AAs I created specifically.

Well, that's it, I guess! It's been a pleasure to work on this team, to work to create an entertainment product for all of you, the players. I hope you continue to enjoy EQ for years to come - it's a fantastic game.

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=151350&post_id=2203139#2203139)