PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Community: Jilarak

Newsfiend
05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Meet Jilarak

Server: Erollisi

Guild: Synergy

Where in the real life world do you live?
Dallas, TX

How long have you played EQ?
9 years

What other MMOs have you played?
EQII, WoW

What type of work do you do?
Machine operator

How long is your typical gaming session when playing EQ?
6-7 hrs or more

What does a typical EQ day consist of for you?
Raiding with my guild, hanging with friends after or before

What was the race and class of your very first character?
IKSAR!! Necro!! Play the same character as my main still.

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?
I have been playing video games since I was a little kid. I enjoy games with a good storyline.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other than playing EverQuest?
I like to play drums, read, outdoors stuff with friends, etc.

What is your highest level in EQ?

What race and class is your main character?
Iksar Necromancer

What do you like the most about the class you have chosen for your main character?
I enjoy raiding with him, grouping with him, soloing with him. I enjoy the class a great deal.

Does your main character worship a deity?
Cazic Thule

How did you choose your main character's name?
I let the creation tool pick it. All my names were rejected.

Which classes in EQ have you NOT played?
Ranger, bard, shaman

What is your favorite expansion?
Velious

What is your favorite zone?
New zone - I would say Discord it has a real cool vibe too it. Old school - I would say Kael.

What is your favorite NPC?
Venril Sathir, probably.

Which expansion do you like the least?
LOY

Which zone do you like the least?
Mmm raid instance zone...nuff said!

Which NPC do you like the least?
Breakneck, Balreth...I hate them pretty much equally.

What is the most platinum you have ever spent on purchasing a single item for one of your characters?

Do you have an item you no longer use but keep around for nostalgic reasons? If so what is it and why do you keep it?
The robe I recieved from the GM event in Rathe Mountains for Halloween. I was a total newb running around with my friends, died to the dracoliche. I died several times that day/night, and as I was running around nekid looking for my corpse, a friend killed a mob that dropped a robe, so I looted. Was pretty nice back then: +6 int ftw!!

What do you like best about EverQuest?
I would say the friends I have made. The guild I am in, they are awesomesauce. I enjoy raiding with them very much.

What do you get out of playing EverQuest?
Helping others do quests or whatever they need. Not very necroish, I know, but I enjoy that alot

Describe your best experience from playing EverQuest?
I would say the first time my old guild, Triune, defeated Solteris. We went through so much leading up to that fight with people leaving, etc..etc.. To see those mobs dead and share the suffix "of the daybringers" with them was the best feeling I have ever had in EQ.

If you are interested in being highlighted in a Meet the Community, look for instructions here (http://www.mapfiend.net/forum/list.m?topic_id=39090)! We need more submissions, so send yours today!

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=151344&post_id=2203118#2203118)