PDA

View Full Version : Re:Re:Changes to poison.

Newsfiend
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
OceanBlue wrote:

So far the poisons are great, I was negative about them first and about how many there are, but unfounded.

If the mob is getting slowed I can use the ATK debuff poisons, if the mob isn't getting slowed I can use the Sloth ones, on a raid I will use the Evasion debuff kind.

Anyway,

If our blades are dipped into poison, it would be nice if on procs of the poison, the weapon glows or something for a second. (without the need to turn on spell effects, since most rogues turn them off)

Another idea is if these poisons are meant to help with soloing and we never have a back of a mob when soloing..how about a poison which stuns the mob temporarely and moves us to the other side of the mob and turns us. We would lose some swing dps but would be able to backstab during the stun period and make up for the lost dps.

The DPS poisons are nice for soling but it's not really rogue-like to do much frontal dps, some cool move / poison / AA to stun the mob and move us for a second would be nice.

I might be able to request a special particle effect... but I am not sure how effective it will be. I will NOT be able to do anything though to circumvent you having particles turned off. We can only over-ride that from scripts, not from particles that go off "normally"

as for the other Idea. I am ok with a stun, but not with moving you around. It would likely be a different type of poison. It would either proc much slower, or be a one shot. Continuous stun is way overpowered. So, in the end, a poison like this may in the end be more powerful than could be allowed :/

More... (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=149995&post_id=2198403#2198403)